SIGMA GAMMA RHO MONUMENT AT BUTLER UNIVERSITY
To commemorate our Centennial and honor our Founders, we are excited to announce that we are building a Sigma Gamma Rho monument at Butler University! Members and affiliates (including individuals, groups, lines, chapters, regions, etc.) have a once in a lifetime opportunity to be part of history by purchasing an individual brick paver with custom wording. We hope that you will join us and be part of this wonderful occasion.
Click here to order your brick today!
ALL SALES ARE FINAL. NO REFUNDS.
NOTE: If you are a Leadership Giver at the Founders’ Circle/Platinum level, a brick has already been reserved for you at no additional cost. Upon completion of your donation, you will receive an acknowledgement email. Please complete the requested 'Benefit Form' to provide your desired engraving.
1. Where will the monument be located on Butler’s campus?
The monument will be located just outside of Atherton Union.
2. What will happen to the existing SGR mosaic bricks that are at Butler?
The existing SGR mosaic bricks will be relocated to and incorporated within the new monument.
3. When will the monument be unveiled?
The monument will be unveiled during the Centennial Celebration at Thee Homecoming on July 12, 2022.
4. How many bricks will be sold?
Fewer than 1000 bricks will be sold. Bricks will be sold on a first come, first served basis.
5. What is the cost for each brick?
Each brick costs $322.
6. What is the total cost if I would like a replica brick in addition to the brick for the monument?
For $422 (an additional $100), supporters can purchase a replica brick (same wording/engraving as the monument brick) that will be shipped to you along with an acrylic display case. Please note that replica bricks/acrylic cases can only be shipped to locations in the United States.
7. When will the replica brick with acrylic cases be shipped?
Replica bricks with acrylic cases will be shipped in March 2022.
8. Can 2 or more people purchase a brick together?
Yes, groups may purchase a brick together. However, only 2 lines of text (20 characters per line including spaces) will be allowed per brick.
9. Can I purchase more than 1 brick?
Yes, you may purchase more than 1 brick. Please note that each brick must be ordered and purchased separately.
10. Can my engraving include Greek letters?
No, only characters found on the English keyboard will be engraved. All text is subject to final approval by Sigma Gamma Rho.
11. I'm a Leadership Giver at the $7,000+ (Founders' Circle) level. Am I able to purchase a replica brick with the acrylic
Yes, Founders' Circle donors may purchase a replica brick with acrylic case for $100. Please click here.
12. I plan to give at the $7,000 (Founders' Circle) level but I have not completed my pledge. Will I receive a
Donors who have made a pledge of $7,000+ via Network For Good AND have donated at least $1,500 as of 12/31/2021 will have a complimentary brick reserved as a Leadership Giving benefit, if they so choose, at no additional cost. Donors who do not successfully complete their $7,000 donation by 3/31/2022 will have the cost of the brick subtracted from their donation amount. The donation amount less the cost of the brick will be the basis for determining the donor’s Leadership Giving level and benefits.
Person A makes a $7,000 pledge via Network For Good
As of 12/31/2021, Person A has donated a total of $1,500. Person A accepts the monument brick as Leadership Giving benefit.
As of 3/31/2022, Person A has donated a total of $5,000
Since Person A did not complete the $7,000 donation, the cost of the brick is subtracted from the actual donation amount as of 3/31/2022 to determine Person A’s Leadership Giving level and benefits.
(Total donation – brick cost = donation amount used to determine Leadership Giving level)
($5,000 - $322 = $4,678)
Final giving level is $4,678 = Centennial Supporter / Silver ($2,200 - $4,999)
13. I am a Leadership Giver. Can I deduct the cost of the brick from my donation?
No. Bricks must be purchased via the link above. As a reminder, donors will earn the level of benefits that align to their total leadership giving as of 3/31/22.
14. Who can I contact if I have additional questions about the monument and/or brick purchases
Please contact Soror Sharron Barnes at email@example.com